INDUSTRY SYMPOSIA MANUAL
We are happy to present MNF 2023 Industry Symposia Manual which will take place in The Hague, Netherlands on 16-20 October 2023.
Churchillplein 10, 2517 JW Den Haag
The Hague, Netherlands
This manual covers important information and is designed to assist in preparing for your Industry Symposium and help you with your items acquired. . We trust that you will find it helpful and suggest that you read all the information presented. It will take you very little time now and could save you a great deal of time later.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information or assistance.
We look forward to welcoming you in The Hague and wish you a successful and fruitful conference!
Exhibitors and Supporters Portal
Each supporter will receive an e-mail with login details to access the Portal. The Portal enables supporters to:
- Submit company logo and profile
- Order lead retrieval (badge scanners)
- Order exhibitor badges
- Submit booth drawing (for “Space Only” booths) / Fascia sign lettering (for “Shell Scheme” booths)
Link to access the Portal https://exhibitorportal.kenes.com
- The login details will be sent to the person signing the contract. This person is responsible for passing on the login details to third party if needed.
- Access to all Portal services will be available only after submission of your company profile and logo. Only deliverables as indicated in your contract, should be submitted via the Portal. Items not included in your contract will not be processed.
Rue François-Versonnex 7
1207 Geneva, Switzerland
Tel: +41 22 908 0488
M: +359 895 76 0548 | E-mail: email@example.com
Industry Liaison & Sales
Tel: +31 20 763 0515|Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Audio Visual Coordinator
Product Marketing Coordinator
Silva Carvalho Catering
Catering is exclusive to Silva Carvalho Catering
Onsite Logistic Agent, Material Handing & Customs Clearance Agent
Merkur Expo Logistics GmbH
Tel: +972 52 8890 129|E-mail: email@example.com
Merkur is the exclusive handler inside the venue.
Hostesses & Temporary Staff Hire
(Please refer to your signed contract)
|Staff Hotel Reservation||As soon as possible||Olina Stoyanova
|Payment of Invoice Balance||Must be received in full
one week prior to the Conference
|Symposium Final Program
(for approval by Scientific Committee)
|Wednesday, 13 September||Please send by email in the requested specifications to Industry Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Advertisement inside the Program book||Sunday, 10 September|
|Promotional E-mail Blast (pre and post)||2 weeks before the scheduled date|
|Text for Push Notifications for Mobile app||Wednesday, 20 September|
|Mobile app adverts||Wednesday, 20 September|
|Onsite Bag Inserts||Wednesday, 20 September|
Lead Retrieval System
|Wednesday, 27 September||To reserve your Scanners, please refer to the on‐line Exhibitor’s Portal|
|Placing orders for Voting/
’Ask the Speaker’ and other Technology Products and Services
|As early as possible, preferably before Friday, 1 September||
|Hostesses & Temporary Staff Hire||Please directly contact the company||TBC|
|Please directly contact the catering company||
Deborah Tron email@example.com
Johanna Weiland firstname.lastname@example.org
|AV – scheduling Tech rehearsal, placing orders for extra AV for the Sponsored Symposia and AV for Meeting rooms ONSITE||Please directly contact the AV coordinator||Mike Perchig email@example.com|
|Shipping & Material Handling Services|
|Door to door||Please contact Merkur Expo Logistics||
|Shipment via Advance Warehouse||
No later than
Wednesday, October 11th, 2023
|Direct to the Venue||Subject to time slot only full load trucks|
Timetable and halls are subject to changes. The most updated timetable is published on the Meeting website.
- Please coordinate when you would like to set up the hall prior to the start of your Symposium with Victor Mota. A member of the Kenes Operational team will be available should you need any assistance.
- Handouts can be distributed at the entrance to the Symposium Hall; however, it is NOT permitted to place material on the chairs inside the hall.
- Printed tent cards placed on the head table are allowed and should be produced and provided by Supporter.
- We ask presenters to follow the time schedule precisely in order that the day’s events may run smoothly. An updated scientific timetable can be found on the MNF 2023 Website.
- Catering is exclusive to the Venue and should be ordered in advance by contacting Deborah Tron firstname.lastname@example.org and Johanna Weiland email@example.com Supporters who wish to order food and beverages for their symposium, meeting/hospitality room or exhibition booth, are welcome to do so directly with them.
- Food and drinks are allowed to be taken into the symposium halls (excluded hot dishes). If you are considering having catering together with the symposium, please note that additional charge will be applied for cleaning the hall immediately following the session.
- If you are planning to have catering/lunch boxes together with the symposium, it is recommended to indicate in all publications that lunch/refreshment will be served as long this is not contradicting the supporter’s internal compliance policy.
We strongly recommend scheduling a technical rehearsal in the hall itself and testing the Presentations during that rehearsal. Please make arrangements directly with the Conference Audio Visual Coordinator, Mike Perchig at: firstname.lastname@example.org
A technical rehearsal is offered free of charge; however additional charges may apply, depending on hall availability, rehearsal requirements and overtime of the technicians.
As indicated in the sponsorship agreement, the supporting company, in addition to the support fee, must cover all speakers’ expenses, including registration fees, accommodation and travel expenses. This also applies in the case where the Sponsored Symposium speakers have already been invited by the Conference
|Hall Name||Use||Location||Hall Capacity||Hall Layout|
|King Willem Alexander||Plenary/Parallel 1||Level 0||1409||Theatre|
|Mississippi||Parallel 2||Level 1||320||Theatre|
|Amazon||Parallel 3||Level 1||320||Theatre|
|Yangtze 1+2||Parallel 4||Level 1||320||Theatre|
|Onyx||Parallel 5||Level 1||250||Theatre|
Presentations Upload Onsite
If you are using a PowerPoint presentation (or any other PC-based application), please note that you have to deliver it on a USB Memory stick to one of the technicians in the Speakers’ Ready Room as soon as you arrive at the Venue – and at least 2 hours before the start of the session.
Please note that the computers, used for showing the Presentations in the session halls, are being supplied with Office 2019 (at least) and the native ratio of the projection on the screens in the halls is 16:9.
If you include video clips in your PowerPoint presentation, be sure to test it with the technician in the Speakers’ Ready Room as soon as you arrive at the venue.
Please make sure to check it with the technician in the session hall where your lecture is taking place, during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session – even after checking it in the Speakers’ Ready Room.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR MACINTOSH USERS
To use MAC presentations on the PC compatible meeting computer, please note that you need to prepare it according to the instructions below, before taking it to the speaker room:
- Convert it to PowerPoint or PDF. Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (Special characters might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint-based PC).
- Insert the images as JPG files (and not TIF, PNG or PICT – these images will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC).
As previously mentioned, we strongly recommend scheduling a technical rehearsal and testing the Presentations during the rehearsal. Please plan directly with the Conference Audio Visual Coordinator, Mike Perchig at: email@example.com
If hasn´t been done yet. Please submit the final symposium programme using the attached Agenda format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible and no later than Friday 8 September. The proposed programme should include:
- Session Title (up to 110 characters including spaces)
- Session Description (up to 200 words, you can also include hyperlinks inside of it)
- Speaker Presentations Titles
- Timing – duration of each speaker presentation and full timing of the agenda
- Speaker/Moderator Full Name
- Speaker/ Moderator Country
- Speaker/ Moderator E-mail
- Speaker/ Moderator Affiliation
- Speaker/ Moderator Bio and Photo (please see specs below)
Please see below specs for Speaker Bio and Photo.
- Speaker Bio – up to 200
- Speaker Photo – 180×240 px, JPG Format
In case of changes to your symposium title or Programme after submission, please update the Industry Coordinators: Victor Mota email@example.com
If you wish to have Technology Products and Services for your session, for further information and costs, please contact Jimena Meymar by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This section includes guidelines which will assist you to prepare promotional items related to your industry sessions, however, kindly refer only to the relevant items in accordance with your sponsorship agreement.
Guidelines to follow when creating your promotional items and content
- All promotional items must be send to email@example.com in advance, in order to proceed with the committees approval.
- Conference banner should NOT be used in any promotional materials created by the supporter.
- Materials created by companies should NOT utilize the main event marketing look and feel.
- When promoting your symposium, you are allowed to use the phrase: “Official symposium of Micronutrient Forum’s 6th Global Conference”, which will take place in The Hague, Netherlands 16 – 20 October, 2023
In addition, it is not permitted to use the Micronutrient Forum’s 6th Global Conference logo on any of the symposia materials.
Mobile App Push Notification
For supporters entitled to a push notification as per their signed contract, kindly submit the text Wednesday, 13th September to firstname.lastname@example.org according to below guidlines:
- Message Title – Maximum 40 characters including spaces
- Message body – Maximum 140 characters including spaces
- Preferred date and exact local time, please coordinate with your industry coordinator
- *Note the final schedule will be determined closer to the conference, considering other push notifications.
- Push notifications will be sent out during breaks in order not to disturb the participants who are inside the halls.
Mobile App Advert
For Supporters sponsoring the App please send via email to email@example.com
Deadline: Wednesday, 13th September
File format: PNG or JPG (up to 800 kb)
Size: 780px x 1688px
We recommend avoiding using small text, so the advert could be readable when displayed on a mobile screen.
Onsite Bag Inserts
Bag inserts are to be printed and delivered by the supporter.
Should you be entitled to a bag insert as per your contract, please follow the below procedure:
- Please submit the final artwork (prior to printing) for approval no later than Wednesday, 13th September via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The bag insert should not exceed a double side of standard A4
- A quantity of 1300 inserts is requested. We recommend checking the latest registration numbers with the Industry Coordinator, before printing to avoid unnecessary extra copies.
- Bag inserts must arrive at the advanced warehouse no later than Wednesday, 11th October to be included in the Conference bags.
- Please inform the industry Coordinator your sender contact information, in case we need to contact him/her.
Important Notes Regarding Shipping of Bag Inserts:
- Merkur is the official logistic agent for the MNF 2023 Annual Conference. To assure the safe and timely arrival of your inserts, we strongly recommend sending the inserts via Merkur warehouse (fees will incur). Further details can be found in the in the Shipping Instructions
- Packages should be labeled with this label.
- Supporters may deliver the Inserts directly to the venue door. Please note that all materials entering the venue incur a handling charge (including bag inserts and display items). No other company is permitted to deliver operate, and handle goods inside the
- Any deliveries made directly to the venue without going through the official logistics agent, will be at the supporter’s own risk. If they do not arrive on time or are mislaid, the conference organizers and official logistics agent will not take any responsibility. Inserts that do not arrive to the venue by 09:00am on 15 October 2023 will not be included in the conference bag.
- In case that there are finally no bags, the inserts will be placed on a table in the exhibition hall.
Social Media Post
One post on one of the following social media platforms will be sent. Please indicate the date and platform you prefer to Victor Mota email@example.com and send the content 3 weeks in advance of the selected date following this specs.
- Facebook Image Size – 940x788px; 1200x630px, 2048x2048px. Text: 5000 characters
- Twitter Image Size – 1200×675; 1600×900 – 16:9 ratio. Text: 280 characters
- Instagram Size – 1080×1080 px. Text: 2200 characters
- LinkedIn Size – 1200×628; 1600×900. Text: 3000 characters
- Content is subject to approval.
- We strongly recommend including hashtags to help improve the visibility of the post.
- Depending on the content of the session, it may or may NOT be allowed to promote it.
- News articles or official press releases may be shared, but it may NOT direct to a webpage of the product itself.
- Note that some sponsored posts may be rejected by Twitter/LinkedIn.
Program Book Advertisement
For Sponsors entitled to adverts in the printed program book as per their signed contract, please submit the file by e-mail to the Industry Coordinator: Victor Mota firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday 10 September 2023 one of the following formats at a resolution no less than 300 dpi: EPS, Illustrator, JPG or PDF.
Promotional Email Blast – Exclusive
Sponsors entitled to an Industry Mailshot as per their signed contract, please click here for the design requirements. Please make sure to forward these guidelines to your web-designer/programmer. Please upload the HTML version of your mailshot and other relevant files together in zip folder and send us everything with the subject line to Victor Mota email@example.com later than 2 working weeks before your scheduled date for send out of your mailshot.
You are free to use the following templates.
Important notes for both Pre and Post conference Mailshots:
- It is not allowed to use the society logo.
- The event’s banner will be added to the webmail’s header by Kenes.
- The “From” field will be “MNF 2023 Supporters”.
- The exact launch date will be determined by Kenes in due course.
- The E-mail Blast will be sent out to the preregistered delegates who have agreed to receive promotional material from supporters.
- Content received after the deadline may be processed for an additional fee.
Symposium Signage (Optional)
Symposium supporters have the option to create signage promoting their symposium according to the below guidelines. The symposium signage should be produced by the supporter. We recommend ordering through Fairboost.
Session Hall Signage
Self-Standing Sign at the Entrance
- One stand-alone sign to be placed at the entrance of the session hall 30 minutes prior to the sessions published start time.
- 1 x free standing vertical sign to be placed on/next to the stage. Maximum dimensions: 85cm wide x 200cm high.
Self-standing signage in the Exhibition Area
The Supporter is entitled to place one sign (W85cm x H200cm) advertising the Symposium on the day of the session only. The sign may be placed in the exhibition area during exhibition opening hours. Please liaise onsite with the Kenes Staff.
*You can order your Self-Standig signage through Fairboost´s webshop
Free Wi-Fi will be available at the event venue. Please be aware that public Wi-Fi capacity is limited. Therefore, it is restricted to email and web browsing activity. Exclusive wired internet and Wi-Fi connection can be ordered through Fairboost webshop.
Meeting Rooms / Hospitality Rooms
Supporters interested in renting a meeting room during MNF 2023 should contact Industry Liaison & Sales, Mrs. Teresa Seoane at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that it is the supporter’s responsibility to leave the symposium session hall in a clean and tidy manner once your symposium has finished. Any items such as leaflets, banners, roll-ups must be removed from the hall at the end of your session. Any discarded waste, including promotional material, left behind will be removed by the Conference organizers at the expense of the supporter concerned. Extra cleaning services can be ordered to the Venue by contacting Isle Lechner email@example.com
You can order F&B for your symposium contacting directly to the venue, which has the exclusivity for any catering services. Note that the room must be clean at the end of the symposium.
Deborah Tron firstname.lastname@example.org
Johanna Weiland email@example.com
*Please include both emails in your request.
Hostesses & Temporary Staff Hire
Lead Retrieval Wireless Barcode Readers can be a helpful tool for receiving contact information about participants who attend your symposium. Barcode readers may be rented in advance via the Exhibitors’ Portal no later than Friday, 29th September.
Quickly capture lead information by scanning the barcode on attendees’ badge
- Cost per license – € 600 + 4% credit card charges
- Fast Track option with no editing capabilities.
- No device is included.
- Onsite price is EUR 750 (excluding 4% credit card charges fees, excluding VAT if applicable)
Kenes will not share delegate’s personal data with third parties without their consent. Please note that similarly to sharing a business card, presenting delegate badge for scanning at exhibition booths or industry symposia constitutes an expression of consent to share their personal details with the company that is scanning their badge so that it may contact them in the future.
Barcodes on delegate’s badges contain contact information as supplied by the delegate or the agency responsible for the registration process of the delegate. We regret that in some cases, as when group registration is completed by a company, we may not be in possession of the full contact details.
In addition, please note that neither Kenes Group nor the Organizing Committee is responsible for the content of the information.
If further assistance is required to place your order, or you have not received your login details please contact the Exhibition & Industry Coordinators, Victor Mota at firstname.lastname@example.org
Maximize your Participant Experience – Use our innovative technologies for your Symposium
Kenes is proud to deliver a wide variety of quality onsite technology products and services.
- Voting, Evaluations, and more products designed for increasing participant’s interaction during symposium sessions.
- Translation services for any language: We can provide the traditional solution with local interpreters and hiring headphone receivers. Alternatively, we offer app translation with remote interpreters. In this case the participants stream the translation through an app on their smartphones.
PLEASE NOTE: All product solutions are offered exclusively by Kenes Group.
Please contact us to discuss your needs and our relevant solutions.
Please submit your order by Friday 1 September. Orders received after the deadline will incur rush fees.
The shipping instructions include the following information:
Delivery & Logistic Services
Merkur Expo Logistics GmbH has been appointed the official forwarding agent and clearance agent for all Kenes congresses. We offer the following services: customs clearance, delivery to the booth, freight forwarding, manpower & trolleys for un‐loading/loading during build‐up and dismantling, storage of empty crates, transportation to and from the Exhibition Hall.
For security, insurance, and efficiency reasons, Merkur Expo Logistics is the sole official agent to handle cargo inside the venue. Booth builders are prohibited from using trolleys during set‐up and dismantling periods.
Kindly note that Merkur the official agent is the exclusive agent for move in and move out of the venue.
Exhibitors and booth builders are free to deliver their goods or to pick their goods up from outside the venue. Those who use their own facilities up to the venue are requested to coordinate their time schedule and unloading of their cargo into the venue with Merkur.
Insurance of Goods
All cargo should be insured from point of origin.
Exhibition Goods and Display Materials
Please note that all materials entering the venue incur a handling charge. To receive a price quote for handling and to assure arrival of your materials, please be sure to complete the “Pre-advice” form.
Please Note: All advanced shipments and deliveries to the Merkur warehouse, including by courier, must be coordinated with them.
In order to assure receipt of sent materials, Merkur must receive the “Pre-advice” form found at the end of this section. Please complete this form and return it to email@example.com You will then receive confirmation of your material arrival.
Merkur Expo Logistics GmbH
Irit Sofer M.:+972-52-8890129
There is an increasing number of fraudulent websites that are attempting to impersonate MNF 2023. All official communications about the MNF Conference are managed by Kenes Group. Please exercise caution if contacted by other organizations claiming to represent MNF. For any questions about sponsorship please contact Teresa Seoane, Industry Liaison & Sales Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org